Birmingham Gastroenterology Associates™ are board-certified gastroenterologists with over 30 years of experience in providing the highest quality of medical care. Our office locations in the Birmingham area include: Homewood (Main Office), Hoover, Childersburg, Cullman, Pell City, Princeton Baptist Medical Center, St. Vincent’s 119, and Sylacauga.
In addition to our office locations our Physicians are members of the medical staff at the following Birmingham area facilities: ADHEC, Birmingham Surgery Center, Brookwood Medical Center, Princeton Baptist Medical Center, St. Vincent’s of Birmingham, St. Vincent’s 119,and Trinity Medical Center.
Recent Office News
- August, 2014 : “Celiac Disease and Gluten: More Than Just a Fad” By: Charles A. Dasher, Jr., MD.
- July, 2014 : Dr. Rajat Parikh of Birmingham Gastroenterology Associates discusses Inflammatory Bowel Disease on the Fox 6 Noon News
- July, 2014 : Non-Surgical Solutions for Anorectal Disorders
- June, 2014 : Birmingham Gastroenterology Welcomes Dr. Charles A. Dasher, Jr., M.D.
- April, 2014 : Is it Your Gallbladder? Dr. Cotton Shallcross shares what you should know about upper abdominal pain.
Gastrointestinal illness often has a marked impact on quality of life, and celiac disease (CD) in its more severe form is a great example of this. In its milder form [More...]
By: Rajat N. Parikh, MDAnorectal disorders consist of a vast array of diagnoses and are common; however, patients affected remain undiagnosed and undertreated. Most common in these group of disorders [More...]
Dr. Dasher, a native of Birmingham, graduated from the University of Georgia with a Bachelors of Science in Biology. He obtained a Masters of Public Health from the University of [More...]
Is it Your Gallbladder? Dr. Cotton Shallcross shares what you should know about upper abdominal pain.Click here to view pdf