Under direct supervision, is responsible for duties within the field of Medical Assistant (MA). Medical Assistant is a multi-skilled health professional which works interdependently with other healthcare professionals to provide quality healthcare to our patients. The MA should be educated and trained to perform both administrative and clinical skills in the medical care environment, observes strict guidelines for effective, courteous patient and provider care. To work as a cross trained team player assisting in all areas of patient care, following HIPPA guidelines at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
• Always conduct yourself in a professional manner
• Multitasking, organization with high degree of emphasis on department teamwork.
• Report to work in a timely manner and be at your assigned area by 8:30am.
• Answer phones and schedule appointments and procedures completing precert forms for scheduled procedures.
• Demonstrate computer skills in EHR including scheduling, acquiring medical files and emailing
• Arranging outside referrals for the physician
• eRx prescriptions to BGA pharmacy for physician
• Excellent communication skills with comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology
• Coordinate with hospitals, medical facilities and testing labs
• Request archived records for previous procedure results as needed.
• Process physician to physician medical record request within same day of receipt.
• Mail out appropriate paperwork/patient education for tests being performed.
• Review and respond to EHR documents daily, including but not limited to patient messages, documents, patient portal, fax folders and preps performing accurate, legal and ethical documentation at all times.
• Ensure pertinent information is accurately documented in chart for your physician
• Attend continuing education, HIPPA, OSHA seminars offered by BGA
• Assist physician with exams as needed
• Patient education and follow up
• Administer injections and TB skin test (as qualified)
• Administer in office testing ie..H Pylori, Hemoccult with developing
• Completing medication prior authorizations
• Arranging infusions with facility.
• Practice HIPPA compliance and observe OSHA safety standards at all times
• Travel may be necessary as needed
• May include processing copays and deposits
The minimum qualifications required to successfully perform this position are the following:
• Current Alabama licensure (RN or LPN) or certification (CCMA) preferred
• Specialized knowledge of medical field, physician office experience preferred
• Knowledge of Medical Insurance helpful.
• Knowledge of Electronic Health Records and Processes
• To be able to type a minimum of 35-40 wpm
• Employee must be pleasant and have excellent verbal communication skills
• Experience with assisting patients and multiple physicians’ offices
• Ability to handle a multi-line phone system
• BLS or ALS certification
Fill out the form below to submit your resume.